When you discuss the wage gap, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Only white women make $0.77 to a man’s dollar.
- Black women make about $0.68 to a man’s dollar.
- Latina women make about $0.58 to a man’s dollar.
Thanks for the tag coldmorningsun!
Figured I might try and answer these to find out a bit more about myself!
Nickname: Kat, Katty, Phatty Katty (thanks to Shara at work), Bubba Head, KateeDee, Kathryn, and occasionally… Davis.
Birthday: 30th November
Gender: I’m a rather stubborn madam.
Sexuality: Whatevers going - I know this sounds horrible, and to clarify I mean, whoever I fall in love with/deem to be my soul mate I will marry. I won’t let gender or whatever come between me and my happiness. That said I don’t classify myself as bisexual. I just don’t think that’s the right thing for me. I should probably research this really.
Time Zone: GMT
Current time and date: 11:11 (make a wish) 27th August 2014
Average hours of sleep: Currently, 7 a day or less depending when I get in from work at night and when I have to drop my brother off in the morning.
The last thing I Googled was: I am the QUEEN of googling things. Most recently, I googled a hospital in woking to find it’s location for a customer. For myself, I think I googled the location of Leicester.
My most used phrase(s): “Jesus Christ”, “Would you like room for milk?’, “Not too bad thanks!”
First word that comes to mind: Cherry!
Last thing said to a family member: “Night dad”
One place that makes me happy and why: Work! I’m earning money, it’s shitty pay and hard but I’m meeting tonnes of new people, building confidence, and I’m on my feet all day so when I come home I can actually fall asleep.
A more human answer is my nan’s - the smell of her house, the ever disappearing grass pathway as she extends the flowerbeds yet again, the cat mug she always has set aside for me, the couch that I fell asleep on soundly for the first time after breaking my foot two years ago, the silly crocodile door wedge which sits in the garden and trips me up every time, and the sneaky cigarettes we have in her garage.
How many blankets I sleep under: One
Favorite beverage(s): Tea. Chai tea latte (as much as I hated it originally, it’s very very soothing). Water. I’ve given up fizzy drinks for over two weeks now, bar mixing with spirits but that rarely, rarely happens.
The last movie I watched in the cinema: Guardians of the Galaxy
Three things I can’t live without:
1) This oil I bought for my hair that helps it not be tangled and messy - I don’t know how I survived this long without it.
2) Family - they’ve driven me round the bend about 20 times today but they’re the people who are always going to be there for me. As much as I love friends I am having to learning to distinguish between how I value friends and family. It sounds harsh but at the end of the day my parents will always have time for me. Obviously, I’m no saint, I don’t always have time for my friends either. I want to, but let’s face it, not always possible.
3) A good pillow. Neck pain is such a pet peeve.
Something I plan on learning: Deutsch
A piece of advice for all my followers: *Massive cliche approaching*
I am a big believer that happiness is internal. Money can’t bring this to you and neither will fame. Find what makes you happy and never let it go.
I know this sounds insensitive in many ways, like I must just think anyone can be happy like that, obviously it’s not that easy for many reasons. I just think that sometimes we hold ourselves back from happiness by letting the opinions or others get in the way.